Saturday 13 August 2011

Race For Life

We did it! On a very hot day in July I jogged my little heart out and completed 5km in 42minutes.

I am extremely proud of myself. Despite going out and training quite a bit, I had still never ran 5km before that day (I know that is an amateur mistake.) Plus, unbeknownst to me at the start, the majority of the course involved running uphill, which I was not prepared for at all. But I beat my target time of 45min.


As he had earlier threatened my dad was on hand to capture the entire day in his much better than mine camera - hence the upgrade inquality. I will not be sharing all 200 pictures with you all. No one needs a still by still depiction of my ungainly running style, but here are a few I offer as proof for those that generously sponsored me,





Also a massive well done to Elle and her Mom. It would have been wonderful if we could have run together, but the threat of stress fractures is more important than my fear of looking like a pillock. I am very proud of her as she carried on and completed the 5km despite being in pain all the way through. And also go Jane for deciding to join in at the 11th hour with absolutely no prep!


Over all I raised just over £350 ( when you include gift aid etc) thank you so much to everyone that donated!!! You are all amazing. It was extremely moving running in such a large sea of pink, as everyone's reason for running was pinned on their backs. Everyone was running for close friends and family, no one was just running for themselves. Reading the messages to loved ones just spurred me on to run more. I think I will probably do it again next year, or something similar at least. But for now no more running. Give me a bike any day :D


No comments:

Post a Comment