Sunday 8 May 2011

Panic at the Disco (with an optional !)

I am not an avid fan or even worse a dreaded fangirl of PANIC, but I was a good sister and went with Steff to see them last week & was surprised to find that I actually really enjoyed it! (It helped that they are all very pretty).

I only new 4 songs before I went, and didn't really like them that much, but they were all off their older album and thankfully they have moved on from the guyliner, weird hair and top hats. The new stuff is poppier and there are 2 or 3 songs from their new album which I have had stuck in my head since Tuesday. But I'm not complaining as I have been singing Just a Day by Feeder almost constantly for a month.


I was shocked by the fangirls that turned up. It has been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time since I went to see a band where the audience was 99% made up of teenage girls. I had forgotten just how loud they can scream. Strangely enough Panic don't seemed to have earned a new generation of 14 year old's swooning over them (at least not in Birmingham). The fangirls here are now almost 20 and yet turned up dressed like we did in 2005 as if nothing had changed since their first album had come out. Very odd.

The gig was at Birmingham HMV Institute which is such a swanky venue (much better than the Brum Academy, although smaller, and leaps and bounds better than the Wolverhampton Civic (but what isn't)). We were in the second balcony which had little velvet benches to sit on, and I had possibly the best view of a Gig I've ever had. Plus I wasn't squished to death by the hungry mob of girls in the standing section. If you get a chance to see a band there, DO IT. Just to see the pretty remodelling and shiny retro gothic interiors of The Library.

Also the award for worst support act ever has been snatched from the hands of 'The Likes' and awarded to 'Love Letters' a band that couldn't look less cohesive if they tried. If they had had less base, a drummer who was engaged in the band and a singer that could be still for longer than a nano second they could be bearable. I actually felt sorry for them when they spoke to the crowd and not a single person responded.


This is the song I liked the most called Always, its quality isn't great, but Steffi filmed it especially.
 The earlier video is rather cute to.

No comments:

Post a Comment