Thursday 2 June 2011

Birthday Adventures

Thank you so much to all the people that made my birthday so special. I had an amazing bank holiday weekend and am so happy that everyone was able to come out and play. I miss Aberystwyth a stupid amount and to be able to share all the fun with my favourite people was very special.


I managed to convince both the lovely Jeannie and Lizzy that it would be a good idea to let a rabble of people stay at there house for the weekend, being particularly impressed by Lizzy's acquiescence as she had work at 6am two mornings in a row. Reforming what is becoming a dwindling number of Aber Grads and supplementing the group with a couple of Kingswinford regulars was an awesome idea. Also very happy that Mr Nicholas was able to make an appearance as I miss my little brother far to much.



Although not everything went to plan (we will never speak of the bridge) and the weather decided for us that bbqing on the beach was not an option, there was no where else I would rather have celebrating getting old (and getting old isn't to bad when I am still the youngest person in the group). Waking up to Al playing happy birthday on his guitar was pretty special, and what could be more life affirming than a group acoustic rendition of Creep first thing on your birthday. Answers in the comments please. I feel the inclusion of Heather Small was genius. And that Miranda Hart would be proud.



As always, Wales was breath taking. I will never get bored of driving around the gorgeous mountains. I still feel Welsh (linving there for 4 years counts right) and it made me very happy when Al likened it to being in Canada. Devils bridge was spectacular! A 1000 year old bridge some local mythology and gorgeous waterfalls is always a win. Especially when you include the Moulin Rouge medley we attempted.





I am now officially Charli Hitch Hard Core, just like Frank Turner (a girl can dream) and Pel also made me a rather epic cake. A brilliant effort especially as that was the first cake you ever made sweetie!


It was especially nice to see Emma and Amanda again, as I had lost touch with both of them and as it stands now have no idea when I will see them next, but hopefully this time we can make mobile phones work!







The whole trip was rather bitter sweet as that will be the last time I get to go and stay in Sandmarsh Cottage as it stands. Next time I go back it will be a shell of Jeannie and Lizzy's (and my) belongings, when I go help them move next month. I did a lot of growing up whilst living in that house, and a tiny part of my heart will always remain in Aberystwyth. But there are bigger and better adventures for me now (496 cities to be exact).

 Heres to being 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment