Saturday 11 June 2011

Race For Life: It Begins

I am going to RUN 5km in order to raise money for Cancer Research.
 (Please get the boobs vs black eyes jokes out of the way now)


 Pel and I talked about doing this way back in February, but only booked in to do it today. I think that this procrastination only makes the challenge harder, as instead of having months of preparation, we will have 6 weeks to cobble together some form of fitness routine that might enable us to complete a 5km run. This will of course be based around day jobs and pre-booked city adventures.

Our first job should probably be to figure out how far 5km is in old money. Can I drive the course to give me a better idea? Probably not as we are running around Weston Park.

My "current" running song.

Basically we are running the Race for Life on 24th July and I would be ever so grateful if you dear reader could sponsor me and donate money to Cancer Research. This entire blog is in dedication to the Carpe Diem attitude I have adopted since Granddad's death and it would be incredible if I could give something tangible back. Also, I am ridiculously unfit, so sponsoring me to do this will be some form of torture. I won't be able to back out of it if there is more than just my parents money resting on me (as I'm pretty sure they'd still pay). If you have enjoyed my ramblings musings and would like to encourage me to continue with my attempts at honouring Granddad's memory please donate. If you really hate what I have written and wish me to suffer for it, donate even more!

So please click on the link and give as little or as much as you can, in the hope that some day cancer will be a treatable disease rather than a terminal illness.



No comments:

Post a Comment